You may not have enjoyed math in school, but every woman has done mental arithmetic when it comes to which day to wash her hair. You have a hectic day tomorrow so you won’t have any time, but if you wash it tonight, will it still be okay for that event in 3 days’ time? The struggle is real.
If your locks are on the greasy side and washing isn’t an option, dry shampoo is your best bet. Traditional dry shampoos can sometimes have harmful ingredients, so here is how to make your own non-toxic, all-natural version.
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- ¼ tablespoon bentonite clay
- Cocoa powder / ginger powder / cinnamon
- Essential oils
- Combine the tapioca starch or arrowroot powder with the bentonite clay.
- Depending on your hair color, add the cocoa (brunette), ginger (blonde), or cinnamon (red hair) until you get the desired shade.
- Add any essential oils of your choice to add fragrance.
- Place the mixture into a spice jar and shake onto your hair or apply using a make-up brush. Allow to sit for a few minutes before shaking and brushing out the excess.