You may not immediately think of the relationship between nutrition and mental health, but food definitely has an effect on mood. So why not make it good? Cherries are a fruit that actually have the ability to make us feel calmer and happier because they increase serotonin, so whip yourself up this cherry chocolate smoothie for breakfast.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw nut butter
- 1 ½ cups spinach or mixed greens
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup hemp milk
- Remove the pips from the cherries.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender (this can be done the night before, barring the milk) and whiz until smooth.
- If preferred, add ice cubes.