With summer in the air, it’s time to break out those sleeveless tops and dresses. That means our shoulders are about to get a lot of airtime! Make sure they’re in good shape with these stretches.
- Start in a high plank with your shoulders over your wrists.
- Keeping your palms planted and arms straight, step back as far as you can while maintaining control and keeping your hips level.
- Bring your shoulders behind your hands and lower your body toward the floor.
- After having done that, reverse the movement and return to the starting position. This counts as one rep. Do 10.
- Kneel on the floor with your knees slightly wider apart than your hips.
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands directly in front of your chest, with you my elbows pointing down at the sides.
- Keep both arms bent and slowly circle the dumbbell around your head and back in front of your chest. Spin it round the other way to complete a rep and perform 8 of each.
- Stand with your knees slightly bent and your feet staggered. Place the right foot forward and flat on the floor, with the left foot back.
- Loop a resistance band underneath the arch of the right foot, grasping it with your hands and keeping your arms at your sides.
- Raise your arms out wide until they are parallel to the floor and then slowly lower them to the original position. Perform 12 reps.