When it comes to making dinner, we have three basic requirements: quick, easy, and most of all, tasty. Oftentimes, a recipe will tick two boxes, but we’re happy to say that this one checks all three! This creamy avocado and salmon bowl can be ready in half an hour, making it the ideal meal for lunch or dinner during the week. It is also on the healthier side, which checks another box.
- 1-2 avocados, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon or lime
- 250 grams jasmine rice
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 120 grams Norwegian salmon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 fresh chili, chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- Select a ripe and ready avocado; half and thinly slice it before squeezing over a fresh lemon or lime to keep it from browning.
- Heat the rice according to package instructions and when warm make an indentation in the bowl of rice, break an egg into the warm rice and add a dash of soy sauce. Using chopsticks, quickly beat the egg into the rice until each grain is evenly coated with a pale and glossy finish.
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, and ginger. Slice the salmon into bite-sized pieces, coat in the sauce, and fry.
- Place the avocado, salmon, and other toppings over the rice, and enjoy!