If you’re Jewish, you probably grew up with your grandma making matzah balls every Passover. The traditional dish is the ultimate comfort food and it’s filled with nostalgia. Your bubbe may have passed down her recipe, but just in case she didn’t, here’s how to make your own.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ cup cold water or Seltzer
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup matzah meal
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with something like a dish towel and place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Wet your hands and form the mixture into balls.
- Add the balls to a pot of salted boiling water (or your chicken soup), and allow to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes to an hour.