There is a time between lunch and dinner when the sun starts to dip and so does our blood sugar. If you find yourself feeling tired, unfocused, and maybe even a little moody around this hour, it’s time for a snack! These date balls are high-energy, healthy, easy to make, and can be kept in your bag. Also, did we mention how delicious they are?!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and set aside. (You will not be baking these, you just need a place to set your rolled bites as you make them).
- Put the dates, pecans, and cashews in your food processor and process until the mixture is fine.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, almond butter, almond milk, and vanilla to your food processor and process until the mixture just starts to clump together.
- Roll 1 tablespoon-sized portion of the mixture into balls and place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Put them in the fridge or freezer until they harden and enjoy.