We love a good energy bar. The nutritional snack is perfect for those times when you’re on the go and hunger hits, or when that afternoon slump takes hold around 4 p.m.
Many energy bars rely on sugar that will give you a quick boost but will dissipate just as fast, or they contain nuts and other potential allergens. Luckily, these bars are super easy to make yourself, and can be made vegan and sugar-free.
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ½ cup tahini / peanut butter / almond butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the seeds and coconut to a food processor and blend to a flaky consistency.
- Add in the dates, tahini or nut butter, and sea salt, and process until you have a thick, sticky dough you can easily press together between your fingers. If it seems too crumbly, add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water and process again.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Press the dough firmly into the pan until it is flat and solid.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to firm up and then cut into bars.