Early mornings are not the time of day when one has the most thinking capacity, so breakfast ideas are few and far between. If you’re the type who likes to hit snooze on the alarm and then finds yourself rushing out the door, you’ll love this homemade granola that is made for those who are always on the go.
- 3 cups mixed raw nuts (pistachios, pecans, walnuts, almonds)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss the nuts and coconut in a large bowl and set to one side. Whisk the maple syrup, tahini, oil, salt, and cardamom in a medium bowl and then pour the mixture over the nuts mixture, coating them evenly.
- Scrape the coated nuts onto the prepared sheet and bake, tossing and rotating sheet from front to back every 10–15 minutes, for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the granola cook on the baking sheet for around 20 minutes before breaking it into pieces.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature.