Anyone who tells you that vanilla is a boring flavor has never experienced the joy and simplicity of a panna cotta. The easy Italian dessert translates to cooked cream, leaving a sweet, velvety texture in your mouth. What more could you want
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin into the milk and set aside.
- Heat up the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s steaming but not boiling, add in the gelatin and milk mixture.
- Whisk everything together until the gelatin has dissolved and is no longer grainy.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture evenly into six ramekin dishes. Place the ramekins in the fridge for at least 5 hours, until they firm up.